About our P&C
The Ainslie School Parents & Citizen’s Association (P&C) comprises parents, carers and friends of Ainslie school. All parents and carers of students at the school are automatically members of our P&C and are encouraged to participate in our events and activities.
Our overarching aim is to promote parent and carer participation and to enable members of our community to contribute to the school and ACT public schooling. We provide a focal point for school families, and school discussion and feedback.
What we do
The P&C runs a range of activities, services and programs as well as fundraising to support the school. Our committee facilitates engagement between parents and citizens and the school on a range of topics of interest to the community. We also participate in forums and activities run by the ACT Council of Parents and Citizens Associations. Doing so helps to identify issues and ideas for improving public education and assists the Council to work with decision makers on education policy in the ACT.
We are governed and run by volunteers and most of our activities are volunteer led and run, so we value any time you can spare to help make our school great! Please come along to one of our meetings or contact us to get involved.
- raise funds to support activities, learning at the school and the school’s facilities;
- provide a forum for discussing issues of interest and providing input to education policies;
- provide a canteen, uniform shop and provide out of school hours and vacation care;
- provide a link between the School Board, parents, carers and the school.
We coordinate and manage a range of activities to achieve these objectives. The P&C holds a general meeting once a term at Ainslie School (usually in the library or the Yerra). These meetings are a great opportunity to find out what is happening in the school and provide our community with an opportunity to have their say. Please come along and join in the discussions and we promise you won’t be ‘volunteered’ for something (unless you want to!)
Services and programs
- Outside School Hours Care (known as OSHC or Afters) provides before school care and after school care, as well as holiday care programs.
- Canteen known as Oishii, is open five days a week and provides healthy and nutritious food for students and staff.
- Uniform Shop provides parents and carers with the opportunity to purchase Ainslie School uniforms at the school.
- Community gardens and chickens
- Outdoor grounds development
- Classroom Carer communication
Community activities and events
- General Meetings once a term where we discuss and present various topics of interest to parents and carers, including special guest speakers
- Annual school fete (first Saturday in November)
- Tea & Tissues (first day welcome to families)
- Kindy welcome library bags
- Pancake breakfast at the end of each term
- Trivia nights
- Student discos and movie nights
- World Teacher Day teachers’ gifts and morning tea
- Year 6 Graduation and Year Books
- Celebration for Ainslie School milestones
Funds raised by the P&C have contributed to a range of projects including the school’s music program, our library, sports programs, teaching resources, canteen, gardens, Play Pods and outdoor furniture. And if you have any ideas or want to lend a hand please contact us!
Some of our favourite fundraisers
- Ainslie Food: Recipes From Our Community to Your Table was produced by the P&C in 2016. This beautiful book contains over 125 recipes. If you would like to buy a copy please send us an email.
- Democracy Sausage sizzles: Federal and Territory election BBQ’s and cake stalls at the Ainslie School polling booth.