Every year the pre-loved children’s clothes and toy stall is extremely popular and a
big fundraiser at our fete. But it is also one of the most time-consuming parts of fete preparation with our helpers previously spending many hours sorting, washing, and unfortunately discarding, a lot of donations before fete day. To help make the most of our volunteers’ precious time, here are some things to consider when you are making your generous donations:
- Clothes should fit 0-12 year olds only.
- Items need to be in excellent saleable condition – clean with no stains, tears, fading, etc.
- Dresses, skirts, jumpers, jackets, jeans, pants, shorts, shirts, t-shirts, baby clothes and dress-up costumes are all very popular.
- Good quality, brand name clothes are especially welcome – they’re extremely popular and sell very well (e.g. Seed, Pumpkin Patch, Zara, Kathmandu, etc.).
- Good quality sports gear is also very popular – e.g. soccer boots, leotards and ballet slippers, snow jackets and pants, wetsuits, etc.
- Leggings, tracksuits, swimmers, hats, gloves, scarves and pyjamas are generally less popular, so need to be in really great condition and/or brand name.
- Shoes should be clean and in good, wearable condition. Please tie pairs together with shoelaces, string or rubber bands.
- School uniforms should go straight to the second-hand clothing pool at the Uniform Shop (Tue/Thu 8.45-9.15am).
- No underwear (including socks), blankets, pillows, or towels please.
- Toys, games, activities, craft kits, etc. should be clean and in good working order with no missing pieces. Please bag or tape up puzzles and other toys/games with lots of small parts.
- Soft toys are always very popular, but need to be clean – if in doubt, pop them in the washing machine before dropping them off.
Please leave donations at the front office. To help out with the stall sign up here https://volunteersignup.org/38K4D.